Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Looking Back

Contributed by Joan W. Mudge, Senior College Counselor for Garrison Forest School
 
 
By the time of this year’s conference in Richmond, I will formally be retired from college counseling at Garrison Forest School.  It is with very mixed emotions that I realize I am ending a wonderful relationship of over three decades with PCACAC.  My first conference was in Ocean City in the early 80’s (for those of you around who still remember, it’s the one where the major meeting room was over the ice rink and we all froze).  I sat at a table at one of the meals with Terry Scarborough and Leigh Sherrill who convinced me to put my name on a list of people interested in serving. Before that spring was over, I had a role and from then on, I was actively involved in PCACAC.  I can’t begin to name all the wonderful people I have met or the invaluable skills I have gained through this remarkable association. It was PCACAC members and leaders who convinced me to run for office in NACAC leading to an incredible three years on the Board and the opportunity to get to know professionals from all over the country and the world.  PCACAC has been an incredible family for me and even though I may be moving on to other adventures, I know that I will keep in touch and will always be appreciative of all that this wonderful organization has given me.
 
This is not good-bye but a heart-felt THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment