Tuesday, February 7, 2017

We are excited to highlight members who are newer to our profession or our organization!

Meet Libby Weith who is an Associate Director of College Counseling at St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes School in Alexandria, Virginia.
 
What led you into admissions/college counseling? Share your journey story!   
I started, as so many of us do, as a student worker in the Admissions Office.  (Looking back, I realize that my excitement for the field really started long before that as I had the best college counselor in the world when I was in high school!).  In addition to working and communicating with prospective students, I regularly presented information sessions, represented the institution at college fairs, and visited high schools.  I was hooked!  I was lucky to be able to join the admissions team and in doing so joined what I think is an awesome profession.  On the college side, I loved travel season – visiting all of my college counselor friends and sharing the outstanding opportunities that Furman offers to students.  It was through my travels that I learned of the position at SSSAS, and before I knew it I found myself living in DC and going to high school every day.  The best part: I love this side of the desk too!  My time in college admission counseling has been so rewarding and I have sincerely enjoyed working with young adults as they’ve made the transition from high school to college.

What do you love most about your job?
The students!  I feel so fortunate to work with creative, eager, dedicated, thoughtful, open-minded students each and every day.

What advice would you give to someone looking to pursue leadership (or membership) in PCACAC and/or NACAC?
Do it!  PCACAC is a truly remarkable organization.  We have an amazing opportunity to collaborate, share, and work together to find best practices in support of our students. I am constantly in awe of the wealth of knowledge and the experiences of all the outstanding professionals in the field.

What's one thing that most people don't know about you?
Two fun facts:
My family name is on the world’s largest catsup (ketchup) bottle in Collinsville, Illinois.
My sweet little pup is a regular PCACAC Conference attendee!








No comments:

Post a Comment